They say that copying is the best form of flattery. Well in the technology world it’s almost a scramble to survival to stay competitive. Apple’s interface design for the iPhone and iPad have set a new standard for user experience expectations. Every time we discuss hardware with our customers they ask “does it work similar to the iPhone”.
Google has been quick to respond with their Android phone. There was rumors of the HP Slate but hasn’t come to fruition as of yet. Now Samsung is putting their hat in the ring with the new Galaxy Tab.
The Samsunf Galaxy Tab boast a pretty strong configuration:
- GHz Cortex A8 processor
- HSUPA 5.76 Mbps / HSDPA 7.2 Mbps radio (900, 1900, 2100 MHz)
- quad-band GSM
- 7-inch WSVGA screen with multitouch
- Android 2.2
- Wi-Fi a/b/g/n
- Bluetooth 3.0
- DLNA Flash 10.1
- 4,000 mAh battery
- 3 megapixel rear-facing camera with flash
- 1.3 megapixel front-facing camera
- full HD video playback at 1080p
- microSD card slot with support for up to a 32 GB card
- The unit will weigh 380 grams (13.4 ounces)
The Samsung Galaxy Tab from a configuration perspective looks to be an excellent contender. Still no word on the price. The Samsung Galaxy Tab is scheduled for release in Europe Mid-September with other countries to follow in the succeeding months.
We’re looking forward to getting our hands on the Galaxy Tab to see how it truly stacks up against the iPad.