The combination of mobile and cloud is proving to been a one two punch in improving customer service and enhancing the ability to more efficiently manage service teams. Here are 3 Areas Mobile and Clouds apps are impacting field service.
Centralized dispatching tools enable service managers to effectively manage service teams and job assignments.
- Assign work based on tech location
- Assign service tickets based on tech expertise
- Job notification – instantly send job assignment to a tech’s smartphone or tablet device
- Reschedule service appointment notifying everyone in the communication chain – manager, tech and customer
- Organize customers by regions to optimize service routes
Business Intelligence – identify strengths and weaknesses.
- Profitability of services – evaluate service offerings identifying your most profitable and list profitable service items. Armed with this data can lead to pricing adjustments, identification of training opportunities, refocusing of marketing efforts based on specific service offering trends, etc.
- Identify training opportunities to improve tech knowledge and capabilities
- Analyze time on site and time in route.
- Identify profitable and non-profitable customers
Reinventing Customer Relationships
- Customer portal – enable your customer to request service, view status of job tickets, look up past service work, reprint invoices, etc.
- Guarantee service times – One of our customers guarantees a 48 hour turn time of vehicles they service. At any time their customers can login to see that status of a vehicle. Not only does this put accountability of meeting service times at the forefront it also allows the customer to re-prioritize serviced vehicles if needed.
- Proof of authorization or acceptance. Avoid the “he said, she said” by providing tools to document authorization or completion of work.
Cloud is providing unparalleled access to data about your service team, customers and business trends. Are you leveraging this innovative powerhouse to improve your service company engine?
Jody Sedrick, CEO
Follow me on Twitter: @jodysedrick and @zenwareinc
LinkedIn Profile: Jodysedrick
Zenware Inc. is a Boise Idaho based company that specializes In custom mobile software development, custom iOS development, custom Android development, iPad software development, iPhone software development, custom web development, web hosting and SaaS based work order management software. We also have a powerful line up of off-the-shelf mobile cloud solutions; RoadFS™, Harvest Bin™ and Zwarehouse™